Making changes to the way you use gas could help you save on your next electricity bill.
Here are a few simple ideas for your home:
- If you’re using a gas oven, your oven heats up much faster – so if you’re recipe requires you to ‘pre-heat the oven’, you can spend less time doing so with gas.
- Turn your oven off just before the cooking is done. The heat contained in the oven should finish the job nicely.
- Set your hot water temperature to 50 degrees Celsius – most houses set their thermostats too high, which requires cool water to make the water bearable when showering.
- Likewise, if you have central heating thermostats, choosing a lower temperature can save a great amount of gas.
- It’s common sense, but don’t let heat escape unnecessarily. Check the room for draughts, and make sure your windows are all closed so you aren’t working against yourself.
- Have your gas appliances checked by an expert to make sure they are running as efficiently as possible.